Here’s our 3rd episode of the second series of ‘Think digital, act human’.
We hear from Nettie Williams, Head of Community and Communications. You might recognise Nettie’s name because she’s also one of our podcast producers.
Nettie has been a civil servant for 22 years and has sat on several interview panels - for a variety of grade’s and roles. Here she shares her advice on how to get to the interview stage - and offers a unique perspective as a panel member.
Let us know what you think.
If you’re short on time, fast forward to:
- 02:26 what an interview panel is and what they do
- 03:36 what ‘sifting’ means
- 05:43 a live demo of how a candidate should go through a job application
- 08:08 what the STAR (situation, task, action, result) method means
- 10:44 tips on what to include in your written application
- 15:10 applying with a recognised disability or access needs (what you need to know)
- 17:25 what you shouldn’t do in an interview
- 24:40 what a reserve list is and how it could help get you a job
- 24:38 why you might have to wait for a response after an interview with us
You can read a transcript and subscribe to future DfE Digital and Technology podcasts on Podbean.